Thursday, May 20, 2010

Pea and Feta Egg Cups


These little jewels are just dreamy. I mean you have got to try them - like now! I got the original recipe from Cook Vegetarian! April 2010. It's a magazine from the UK and has truly great recipes in it. Yes, I know to purchase it here in the USA is a bit pricey, however the recipes will more than make up for it. I allow myself the purchase of three magazines a month (1) Vegetarian Times (2) VegNews and (3) Cook Vegetarian! Cookbooks are major birthday, Mother's Day and Christmas items from the book store. The kid's & Mom usually get me gift cards from the bookstore and Starbucks. Oh, they know me so well.

Pea and Feta Egg Cups
2 spring (green) onions, chopped
200g or 6 ounces fresh shelled peas (I used thawed frozen)
3 large free-range organic eggs
75g or 3 ounce vegetarian or regular feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tablespoons soy milk
handful of mint leaves (optional) (I didn't have mint leaves)
sea salt & black pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 F/ 200C/Gas6 and prepare a non-stick muffin tin by greasing six holes well.

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl or pouring jug and mix well. Pour mixture into the muffin holes, filling to just below the top edge to allow for expansion.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed and golden. serve with hot toasted baguette rounds or eat egg cups cold, either on their own or with a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment