Monday, November 1, 2010

Menu Plan Monday


This past week wasn't any less busy then the week before. I had hopped it would slow down once we had
our Halloween Party, however, as usual it seem like once things get rolling with the first holiday celebration the hurried work and fun continue until after Christmas. You know the pan this, do that, make this, some more do that, and how about we try this this year. My mom called the night after the Halloween Party and wanted to know what was happening for Thanksgiving! I told her let me get over the Halloween and breath and I'd let her know.

The weather is changing fast and hovering between chill and cold. Have to turn on the stoves to get the chill out of the house in the morning and tonight I have them on to keep warm. It's been nice to sit and watch the fire's flames flicker in the fire place stove at night. It's hard to believe we are already into the last half of autumn already. It seems like it was just September and I was so excited it arrived. What is it about getting older that makes time pass more quickly? It doesn't seem fair when you are ole enough to appreciate  and enjoy it you have less of it to enjoy. This week I'm excited to try my hand at my first English meat pie. After a Halloween Eve Night viewing of Sweeney Todd I just couldn't resist.

Breakfast~
pumpkin breakfast cookies, hot cocoa
rice pudding, hot tea
toad in the hole, peppermint tea
oatmeal with raisins & walnuts (x2)
cinnamon toast, pumpkin smoothie
biscuits & gravy, orange slices

Lunch~
veggie fried rice
grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato basil soup
waffles, banana
peanut butter & jelly, pears (x2)
winner wraps, carrot sticks, apple slices

Dinner~
veggie burgers, curly fries
talipia, sugared carrots, long grain &wild rice with mushrooms & red onions
cheese pizza, garden salad
hearty English meat pie, mixed greens salad, rolls
vegetarian Hungarian chili on polenta, seasoned greens
spinach-cheese enchiladas, Spanish rice, pinto beans
stuffed pork chops, herb roasted carrots & parsnips, green beans

Have a brilliantly blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment