Monday, December 31, 2012

Multi-grain Pancake Mix



I wanted a multi whole grain pancake mix to keep on hand for breakfast and quick meals. I found several online however, they didn't have enough variety in flours to suit me and most depended on its base with white flour. So going through the freezer I took out all my whole grain options that I had on hand and went to work. Below is the panckae mix I ended up with and it is yummy.

1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup rye flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup spelt flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Combine all the ingredients. Store in a labeled jar in a cool, dry place.

To make the pancakes****

1 cup multi-grain pancake mix
1 egg
1 cup milk or non dairy milk
1 Tablespoon applesauce


Mix all the ingredients in a large bow and whisk to mix well. Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet. Add cooking spray to the coat the griddle or pan. Once heated up add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter to the griddle. Once it bubbles turn the pancake over and cook for another minute. Done, add your favorite toppings and eat. This makes about 9-10 pancakes.

 This recipe doubles very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment